Because of the pandemic and the general uncertainty, the travel conditions to Greece change frequently. If your country puts Greece on its amber or red list, you might be required to take a COVID test before returning home.
In Samothraki, there's a lab where you can get tested for COVID - both RT-PCR and rapid test. It is located in Kamariotissa, on the beachfront, right next to Pireos Bank. The headquarters of the lab is on the mainland, in Alexandroupoli.
How much do RT-PCR and rapid COVID tests cost in Samothraki and Alexandroupoli?
The price of the COVID-19 tests are:
- rapid test: 20 €
- RT-PCR test: 50 €
There's a surcharge during the weekend.
How long until the result of the COVID-19 test comes back?
For the rapid test, you will get the result in 20 minutes.
If you take the RT-PCR test in Alexandroupoli, the result comes back the same day.
If you take the RT-PCR test in Samothraki, the result comes back in 24 hours. This is due to the sample having to travel to Alexandroupoli for processing and is dependant on the ferry schedule.
The microbiology lab in Samothraki
- address: Kamariotissa, next to Pireos Bank
- phone: (+30) 255 104 1100
- operating hours: Monday-Friday 08:00-13:00, during the afternoon and in the weekend a phone appointment is necessary
The microbiology lab in Alexandroupoli
- address: 30 Konstantinou Palaiologou Str. (corner with Kaviri Str.), 1st floor
- phone: (+30) 255 108 9927
- operating hours: Monday-Friday 07:00-14:00 and 18:00-21:00, Saturday 08:00-12:00